0330 043 2677
Your Assertive Voice - How to be more assertive and get what you want
People won't listen to you if your tonality doesn't match your words. How you communicate under the radar matters because the tone of your voice reveals your emotional state.
If the vibe you're transmitting isn't congruent with your message, there's no way you'll be heard or taken seriously.
Unfortunately, most people are oblivious to the tone of their voice, their manner, the gestures they make, and how this impacts the opportunities they create.
In this workshop, you'll learn to change the signals you're unconsciously transmitting into your environment.
- You'll understand what you need in order to be assertive and emotionally compelling
- You'll learn how to establish your authority with congruence and credibility
- You'll align your body and tonality to transmit what you're about, so you become a force to be reckoned with
How you say what you say matters because it's more than just what you say.
How to set the tone with your physical voice
Being shut up, threatened or ridiculed leaves an imprint and creates a habit of holding yourself back and toning yourself down.
This becomes your manner of speaking and shows in your habitual vocal pattern e.g. in the sound, volume and intonation of your physical voice.
By accessing your assertiveness, you'll open up your physical voice and reclaim these previously shut down impulses as you learn...
- to project in ways that get you heard
- to communicate poise using pitch, rhythm and intonation
- to use articulation and the shape of words to infuse gravitas
The language of assertiveness
What are you allowed to express and what not? This can be confusing since our manner of speaking is deeply ingrained in our psyche.
Saying what's real can be difficult and confronting since you might have been conditioned to say what's kind, nice or acceptable.
However, when you're real, your body and tonality transmit what you're about and you become a force to be reckoned with.
You will learn how to ...
- be congruent in your communication so you get heard
- be direct and assertive instead of beating around the bush
- be explicit and clear, leaving no space for misinterpretation & assumptions
In order to have an impact, you need to be able to access your own truth and expression from within. Most courses that address posture or body language teach from the outside in, instead of from the inside out! The truth is, that your body language is a unique and sophisticated expression of who you are. In fact, your body language holds a key to unlock a sense of real confidence and strength that might be entirely new. In this workshop, you will access your body language ...
- to establish authority
- to transmit congruence and credibility
- to set clear signals and boundaries to your environment
Your capacity to speak up is in direct relation to the impact you can have. When you truly transmit what you're about, doors begin to open and opportunities begin to unfold.
Your expression is the bridge between your rich inner world and how you are perceived from without. Aligning the two is crucial.
Expression is liberating and your voice is how you participate.
So if you're finding it hard to express what you stand for, you feel something is holding you back, or you simply want to be more fully expressed and expand untapped reserves, then this workshop is for you.