Fear of Public Speaking Course Outline
Whatever your issues around public speaking, I can guarantee that the source of what is holding you back lies in your 'thought process'.
Most of the issues around fear and public speaking stem from three false beliefs:
- You're not good enough (nobody will listen to you).
- You're not prepared enough (there are people in the audience who know more than you).
- You have unrealistic expectations (a misguided form of perfectionism).
During the training we will face up to each of these false assertions, question them, identify their cause and where possible eradicate them.
As The Fear Doctor, I have been involved in this work now for many years and I get great results for my students. I work with people from all walks of life as well as people who have taken career breaks, (extended holidays, maternity, or changed jobs) who then return to work and find their confidence has taken a massive dip. This happens to us all occasionally...
Our aim is to reframe your issues of loss of confidence, anxiety or fear and put them in their proper context.
Here is a detailed breakdown of what the fear of Public Speaking course will cover
Throughout the training day, I will lead discussions to tease out your individual issues; and together with your fellow students we will take part in a range of interactive exercises and confidence building activities.
- We discuss clinical/medical breakthroughs that help you to understand the mind/body interaction.
- We look at how and why our minds and bodies react to stressful situations in the way they do.
- We look at adrenaline and examine the fight or flight response. You undertake exercises to relax, breathe effectively and examine posture.
- We look at exercises for establishing rapport with your audience and for desensitizing that feeling that everybody in the audience is looking at you.
- We examine Panic attacks - what's happening and what to do to mitigate the risk of it happening.
- We look at negative and debilitating attitudes which sabotage your ability to communicate.
- We utilise visualisation to encourage and reinforce positive behaviours. The course is littered with metaphor to encourage visual learning.
- We practice correct posture, breathing and relaxation.
The major aim of the day is to raise your mood and assist you to see your situation from a clearer, more positive perspective.
You will leave the session with an intense understanding of the fear of public speaking and most importantly a bag of effective tools and techniques for future use.
What's the difference between the 1 day an the 2 day course?
On the 2 day course you get an extra day's speech practice, expert feedback and exposure to mind set techniques. The 1 day is a great course although it is high paced. The 2 day is a bit more relaxed as we have more time to explore each individual's issues.
As a training company we offer numerous external opportunities to practice and engage in practical activities to help you become a consistently effective speaker.
For more details on Vince and his work, click on the following link Vince Stevenson. Please contact Vince Stevenson (The Fear Doctor) on: 0330 043 2677 or by emailing email@example.com.
All the best for now and I look forward to working with you.