Attention: Ambitious Trainers, Non-Trainers-who-Train, and Managers
Two days. Two professional qualifications. Transform your training and inspire your students.
Whether you’re a professional trainer, frequently find yourself training others or want to turn your team into high performers, we’ll help you refine your skills, build your knowledge and refine your craft in just 48 hours.
Make a lasting impression and a real difference as a trainer. Our 2-day course will help you train with authority, lead with impact and impart knowledge with credibility.
Say good-bye to bored faces, blank stares and clock watching students. Our one-on-one intensive two-day course is designed to help trainers, non-trainers and team leaders deliver measureable impact. You’ll leave knowing how to command the room, train with confidence, wield influence and enjoy respect, whatever you’re teaching.
If you’re sick of confused looks, tangible boredom and frustration that you can’t quite hit the mark, our carefully designed course trains the trainer and gives you two nationally recognised training certifications.
We take a common sense approach to teaching. As a result organisations including GlaxoSmithKline , Save the Children, ExxonMobil, Lockheed Martin, London School of Economics, The Houses of Parliament, Oxfam, BBC HSBC Foreign and Commonwealth Office, HM Treasury and BT have chosen the College of Public Speaking to Train the Trainer within their organisations.
As well as being in great company and developing renewed confidence, you’ll leave our two-day programme with two industry certifications
You’ll be certified as a trainer with:
The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) - the UK's leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training, part of the City & Guilds Group which itself is the largest vocational training provider in the country.
The NCFE - a national Awarding Organisation established over 150 years ago and recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Part 1: Developing the Trainer
In part one of this course, we’ll focus on you as the trainer. You’ll learn how to choose the right learning style for any training situation and deliver a confident, compelling performance, every time, whatever the training situation or subject.
- Learn how to structure your training to suit your students’ needs and achieve the trainer's Holy Grail: 'Planned Spontaneity'
- Develop a compelling vocal style by combining Pitch, Pace, Power and Pause to guarantee engagement
- Discover how to use your body language to enhance trust and credibility
- Learn how to connect with your students, by portraying confidence, clarity and honesty.
- Uncover your own blend of ingredients for an ideal training environment
- Identify the differences between coaching and training
- Apply 4 key learning concepts: child learning, adult learning, single loop learning, double loop learning
Part 2: The Student
Develop one of the hallmarks of a great trainer – the ability to recognise and understand the unique needs of your students, facilitate learning and generate top approval ratings.
- Become comfortable with the essential ingredients for a successful workshop or training session: Learning Environment, Learning Readiness, Participation
- Master the crucial first impression and all-important first 90 seconds
- Develop compelling training briefs by knowing how to map out student needs
- Learn how to answer critical student questions
- Establish how to break the ice instantly
- Make powerful points and deliver memorable training sessions by leveraging story techniques
- Recognise and cater to different personality types so your training appeals to students across the board
Part 3: The Training
Impactful training is part science, part art. In this dedicated, focused course, you’ll master both sides of the coin.
- Learn the 5 stage model to ensure effective training every time: Purpose, Outcomes, Steps, HR/Materials, Feedback
- Craft effective Purpose Statements and Learning Outcomes - including the 'Implement, Improve, Innovate' model for understanding and choosing learning objectives
- Clear as M.U.D.: 10 key activity and delivery options explained, and how to choose the appropriate ones
- Discover how to use words, pictures and metaphors for impact
- Find out what your workshop 'toolkit' should contain to ensure success
- Apply the rules of feedback that will make you a better trainer
- Learn how to create an effective workshop feedback form - and the mistakes to avoid
In addition to expert tuition from a highly regarded trainer and two national certifications you’ll also receive an invaluable 27-page manual of essential training advice, templates, exercises, models, diagrams, further reading and additional resources covering everything from a lesson plan template and feedback form to workshop question styles.
What previous trainers say about our Training the Trainer
'I would recommend this course to absolutely anybody, the skills I've gained from the session have enabled me to create stronger relationships in my working environment' - Heena Surani, Landmark Aviation
'We had an inconsistent approach to training delivery across the organization, we liked the structured approach of the programme, Michael's informal delivery style and feedback' - Louise Frayne, Royal College Of Paediatrics and Child Health
Make your Training The Trainer investment pay off
Effective training improves performance and motivation across all types of company, across all industries and across all business sizes. Whether you’re a manager of 10 or a trainer for 10,000, the way you train offers you an incredible opportunity to positively influence other members of staff. There are bottom line and real world benefits too. Imagine how much communication, morale and productivity would improve if your staff had the understanding to do their jobs perhaps just 5% better.
93% of employers report a 'tangible increase in their managers' capability after undertaking a qualification like our Training The Trainer course.
At the end of this course, you’ll be ideally positioned to grab all of these benefits – both for your current employer and for yourself.
You’ll leave our Training the Trainer course with:
- NCFE and ILM professional training certifications
- A whole new skill set purposefully designed to help you make an impact, be a more effective trainer and make a real difference
- One-to-one training from four-time UK national public speaking champion, Michael Ronayne
- A wealth of resources, templates, models and training advice you can use straight away
- Enhanced career prospects
- A proven ROI
- Got a question? Contact us to find out more.