"Give me just two days in London and I'll give you the skills and knowledge to turn average, ho-hum training into focused, structured, transformational inspiration... and TWO customised industry benchmarked accreditations as a trainer to add to your professional CV as proof..."
- says top corporate trainer and the four-time UK National Public Speaking Champion Michael Ronayne
Maps, local hotels and amenities - all the local research in one document for you
- Course Summary
- Our Guarantee
And you won't only feel the difference...
Because after completing the two days, you'll be able to add not one but TWO kinds of respected professional trainer certifications to your CV - with the hard-copy certificates to show for it.
Yes: you'll walk away with two benchmark certificates from:
1. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) - the UK's leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training, part of the City & Guilds Group.
City & Guilds is the biggest name in vocational education, with two million learners embarking on a qualification every year.
2. NCFE - a national Awarding Organisation established over 150 years ago, and recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
And here's just a small sampling of what you'll discover when you join Michael at his next highly interactive workshop and master your own unique blend of the three core components of every training or coaching session:
Part 1: 'You' - The Trainer
Training can only ever be as good as the trainer who delivers it.
You'll discover how to choose the right learning style for any training situation and deliver a confident, compelling performance, every time.
- The 3 elements that must intersect to create Ideal Communication and achieve the trainer's Holy Grail: 'Planned Spontaneity'
- How to use Pitch, Pace, Power and Pause to make an impact
- How to use your body - stance, hands and voice, and gestures - both to relate to others, and assert yourself, and when to use each style of non-verbal communication
- How to use your eyes to create connection, confidence and build genuine trust
- Discover the qualities of an ideal trainer (hint: their relationship to the qualities of an ideal student may surprise you!)
- Why coaching and training are different - and when never to use a 'coaching' style
- 4 key learning concepts: 'child learning', 'adult learning', Single loop v double-loop learning
Part 2: 'Them' - The Students
Great trainers recognise the unique needs of every 'class' they work with, speak to their needs, and develop an easy rapport that facilitates learning and results in top approval ratings - and so will you.
- The 3 essential ingredients for a successful workshop or training session: Learning Environment, Learning Readiness, Participation
- What to say in the critical first 90 seconds of any training workshop so that attendees trust you and become fully engaged. We'll develop this essential content with you, live during the workshop, so you can take it away and use it immediately
- How to map out why students need your workshop to make any training brief compelling
- The 3 critical - but secret - questions ALL students have at the outset of any training - and how you must answer them
- The simple F.O.A. Formula that makes ice-breaking easy
- How to use story techniques to make your points powerful and highly memorable
- How to identify and cater to different personality types so your training appeals to students across the board
Part 3: 'It' - The Training
Creating effective, impactful training is equal parts art and science.
- The 5 stage model for creating effective training: Purpose, Outcomes, Steps, HR/Materials, Feedback
- How to create effective Purpose Statements and Learning Outcomes - including the 'Implement, Improve, Innovate' model for understanding and choosing learning objectives
- Clear as M.U.D.: 10 key activity and delivery options explained, and how to choose the appropriate ones
- How to use words, pictures and metaphors for impact - including one simple technique to create powerful metaphors out of any point
- What every trainer should have in their workshop 'toolkit'
- The Rules of Feedback - including the 'Sprinkler Rule'
- How to create an effective workshop feedback form - and the mistakes to avoid that can dangerously distort your feedback
Plus: Training Techniques, Exercises, Models, Templates...
You'll also leave with a 27-page manual of essential training advice, templates, exercises, models, diagrams, further reading and additional resources, including:
- Lesson Plan template
- Feedback Form template
- The 3 levels of listening: Competitive, Attentive, Active
- 3 ways to become a better listener
- 3 ways to use questions
- The 4 fundamental types of question
- 4 styles of workshop question
And, when you book your place securely online from this website, you do so with the reassurance of knowing that a host of organisations have already seen profound and lasting results from the small investment in Michael Ronayne's Training the Trainer course:
'I would recommend this course to absolutely anybody. The skills I've gained from the session have enabled me to create stronger relationships in my working environment' - Heena Surani, Landmark Aviation
Why the investment in Training the Trainer is essentially free!
In business and in organizations of all types, we recognize that effective training improves performance and motivation.
And as someone with responsibility for training, you have an incredible opportunity to positively influence other members of staff.
Imagine the effect on communication, atmosphere and morale, productivity your staff had the understanding to do their jobs perhaps just 5% better.
In pure hard numbers, what would that kind of impact be worth?
Well, let's be conservative about it!
Even if you have just THREE members of staff delivering a very modest £30,000 of value to your organisation per year each...
...getting another 5% out of them alone would equate to at least £4,500 of value per year, every year, wouldn't it?
And if you're able to touch 10 staff like that?
93% of employers report 'tangible increase in their managers' capability after an ILM qualification like this!
and we know the market value for capable professionals who can truly improve team performance is high.
By the end of the two days, you'll be a doubly certified professional trainer recognised by both ILM and NCFE.
Does it seem over-the-top to imagine that this might be worth an added £1,000 in salary to you every year for the rest of your career?
What might that be worth for you?
£20,000? £30,000, perhaps?
Well, the investment in attending our next Training the Trainer workshop is nothing like that, at just £745+VAT, including all refreshments and lunch, and the mailing to you of your certificates from ILM and NCFE.
That's the equivalent of about £13 per week over the next year...
Worth it to boost performance in your organisation and give you lasting, transferable skills as a trainer into the bargain?
Here's what some of Michael's inspired students said about the course:
So: booking your place at the College of Public Speaking London's next Training the Trainer is an easy decision!
• You've seen how, after two days, you'll 'graduate' from the course with two kinds of respected professional certification.
• You've seen how the course is ALWAYS delivered by Michael Ronayne personally, a four-time UK national public speaking champion with over 15 years training experience.
...and only ever with small groups - so no matter what your level as a trainer, you're guaranteed the close attention of an expert trainer as you make rapid improvement...
• You've seen the glowing feedback from previous attendees...
...organizations like the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, GlaxoSmithKlein, Save the Children, the Home Office, the Royal College Of Paediatrics and Child Health, Serco, London Borough of Haringey, A2B Aero, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Landmark Aviation, Lockheed Martin, Olympus Europe and more!
And you've seen how the tiny investment of just £745+VAT... including all refreshments and lunch, and the mailing to you of your certificates from ILM and NCFE in a hard-backed envelope... pales into insignificance compared to the gains in team productivity and morale you can expect from becoming a better trainer.
Now it's up to you - will you join us at the College of Public Speaking London's next Training the Trainer course, and become a doubly-certified professional trainer?
Just click on any of the booking links below to grab your place securely online now...
'Excellent, knowledgeable, able to adapt very flexibly to delegates needs. Superb.'Jessica Damms - Foreign and Commonwealth Office
'Very relaxed atmosphere, which made it easy to learn.'Jocelyn Sekibo - London Borough of Haringey
'Very good approach, speed and ability to adapt the training to our needs. Very impressed.'Alan Lovegrove - Serco
'Excellent rapport; brilliant communicator and deliverer. Great ability to be flexible and still bring back on track.'Melanie Charles - TEN UK
'Excellent course - the learning will stay with me for the rest of my career!'Jane Russell - Northumberland CC
'Amazing, thoroughly enjoyed course and feel it has made a huge difference to my training abilities. - will be recommending this to my colleagues, as I had it recommended to me.'Dr Ingrid Jolley - Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
'The best training of trainer course I have ever attended. Thank you!'Debbie Armstrong - Viridian Housing
Excellent - very engaging, attentive to delegates' needs. Good pace. Plenty of real examples'Jim Parker - Ukas
'I now feel confident about designing and delivering a workshop'Grace Graham - Sebright Children's Centre
'Fantastic, left me feeling motivated and confident! I've never felt so positive about carrying out my job.'Corinne Moore - Tees Valley Unlimited
'Great course - has prompted me to review how I run training sessions - confidence improved in presenting.'Sarah Quinlan - Royal College of Paediatrics
'Approach and support was excellent. Very clear throughout.'Jeanette Judge - Home Office
'Fantastic!! Will be recommending to all that will listen.'Chris Harvey - Landmark Aviation
We offer a totally confidential service and encourage liaising with clients before they consider booking courses. We recognise the significant investment in your time and resources. We accept your tight timescales and eagerness to take the next steps. Our payment options are practical and simple. For your security, we hold no client payment details online. With ever sophisticated cybercrime, your safety and security are paramount.
The College of Public Speaking London is the UK's leading specialist public speaking organisation. All of our trainers are not just qualified in their field, but passionate specialists in their field. We met our colleagues working in the voluntary sector and that same passion shines through thirteen years later. Our guarantee is that you'll enjoy a great learning experience at our course centres in King's Cross. The King's Cross venue is a 5 minute walk from the London Underground, British Rail, and the Eurostar terminals. Accessibility is key - so come and join us within the next month. Check our Offers page to see what's hot this month.
Michael Ronayne - National Speaking Champion - 4 times in 7 years
Director of the College of Public Speaking, Michael Ronayne, returned to the competitive stage at the ASC's (Association of Speakers Clubs) National Speech Contests in Castle Donington on April 26th and walked away crowned National Topics Champion at the head of a highly accomplished field of UK speakers.
Having delivered a thorough and well-received seminar on the Use of Voice to the National Conference delegates in the afternoon, Michael went on to 'walk his talk' in the evening contest by showing the conference how it was done under pressure. In recent years Michael has twice won the title of National Speech Champion, but this time he excelled in a competition where the contestants have to speak on a given subject without receiving any prior preparation.
"An exceptionally useful day's training, delivered in a positive and personanable manner, very enjoyable and significant food for thought. Thank You."
"The anxiety is gone - now that I understand it. Not only can I make a presentation - I feel I have so much to give now. It's quite a transformation."
"Since attending the course, I feel like a completely different person; more confident, relaxed and easy going. I gave a speech at work last week and it went so so well."